- Free / busy status - integrated. Hosted OCS users can see whether colleagues are available, away, busy or offline. It integrates with Outlook, SharePoint and the desktop client Office Communicator. So if a user has a meeting from 10am to 11am, they will automatically display as "busy" in Office Communicator
- Conversations are saved. OCS lets users save and search IM conversations inside Outlook, just like their email.
- Secure and private. Secure instant messaging allows users to send messages with end-to-end encryption so sensitive information is never at risk of being hacked.
- Higher productivity. PC-to-PC file transferring functionality allows instant document-sharing, increasing productivity and efficiency.
DESIGNED FOR BUSINESS USE
While most companies have email systems they can archive and track, many still use non-secure instant messaging (IM) systems. Often unknown and untracked by IT and management, public IM systems open a business to serious legal and security risks. Hosted OCS 2007 is:
- Secure and private
- Legally compliant
- Built for business use
- Integrated with your hosted Exchange email
Hosted OCS 2007 provides a secure and professional alternative for instant messaging and unified communications.
In addition to a secure instant messaging tool, hosted OCS 2007 provides your business with unified
communications. It integrates Outlook email, instant messaging, voice and video, all in one product.
- Includes secure real-time chat
- Presence availability indicators
- Group chat functionality
- Access from Outlook Web App (OWA) for Exchange 2010 customers
- All Standard features included
- Audio and video conferencing
- Desktop sharing
- All Enterprise features included
- Click-to-call functionality