COLLABORATE INSIDE AND OUTSIDE THE COMPANY
SharePoint 2010 is designed to increase productivity. Small and mid-size businesses use it to create document storehouses that increase collaboration inside their company - as well as between their company and its partners, vendors and customers.
Your employees - or the third-parties to which you give access - can securely share documents, calendars, contacts, links, ideas and more, without wasting time exchanging inefficient emails.
When integrated with hosted Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint 2010 can also provide an instant, powerful corporate intranet. Features include:
- Store documents online. Everyone works off a single, centrally-stored version of all documents, which can be easily opened using a hyperlink.
- 'Check out' files. Lock documents while they are being edited, so no one can overwrite the work of others.
- Run blogs and wikis. All of your staff can stay in the loop.
- Manage projects. Create project-specific websites, using built-in task list, calendar and document collaboration features to organize a team around specific tasks and deadlines.
NEW IN SHAREPOINT 2010: EXPANDED FEATURES
The new features in SharePoint 2010 - the latest version - provide better ease of use and increased functionality.
- Expanded Browser Support. Runs smoothly on Internet Explorer 7 and 8, as well as Firefox and Safari.
- Improved Search. Optimizes search capabilities providing more relevant results and a more interactive search experience.
- List Enhancements. Improved user experience in the case of large lists.
- Mobile Device Enhancements. Expands access to pages, lists and functionality from any smart device.
- Workflow Enhancements. Improves and expands options to build automated workflows that can accommodate complex business scenarios.
- Improved User Interface. Includes the Microsoft "Ribbon" interface, integration with Microsoft Office, drag and drop capabilities, and enhanced social media capabilities.
- Customizable Templates. Upload and use custom/third-party templates.
- Visio Services. View and share Visio diagrams directly in SharePoint Foundation 2010.
With hosted SharePoint 2010, your staff can benefit from the great collaboration tools SharePoint 2010 has to offer - without the costly hardware and maintenance headaches.